Designed as a compact, highly efficient camera for travelers, the Nikon 1 AW1 with 11-27.5 mm lens is a versatile mirrorless camera with waterproof, freeze-proof and shock-absorption capabilities used for high quality shots and videos in almost any condition.
High End Features
The 14.2MP camera can capture quality images up to a resolution of 4608×3072 pixels, and its movie mode can handle 1080p HD quality.
A 3” TFT-LCD screen is included, as well as a few exceptional features, such as continuous shooting (up to 60fps), ISO 160-6400 for difficult lighting conditions and a hybrid auto-focus system with phase and contrast detection.
Slightly smaller than its non-AW counterparts, the 11-27.5mm lens is just the right size, and complements the Nikon camera extremely well in terms of appearance.
The internal zoom mechanism, as well as the focus and all other controls and functions are done internally within the lens, preventing water, dust and debris from entering the system.
The Nikon 1 AW1 really does have a lot going for it as a travel camera, especially when used with the high end 11-27mm lens. Some additional features the Nikon 1 AW1 has going for it include the following:
- The Nikon 1 AW1 has a built-in flash, GPS, various scene modes and an LCD viewfinder for image framing.
- The camera supports SDXC and high capacity memory cards for storage.
- The whole system can be submerged underwater at a depth of more than 15 meters.
- Chromatic aberrations are very well-controlled in high contrast pictures.
There are still a few drawbacks you may want to consider as well:
- Internal condensation can still occur; however, this problem can be resolved with the addition of an AW 40.5 NC filter.
- A slightly visible barrel distortion can be experienced when shooting buildings or structures with long, straight lines.
Feedback and Overview
The Nikon 1 AW1 camera and 11-27.5m lens are considered by buyers and photography experts alike to be an exceptional, high end combination to be used under trying circumstances.
Whether you need to shoot under water, in freezing temperatures of -10 degrees C, or during heavy rain, the durability and high efficiency of the Nikon 1 system is by far the best choice.
[phpbaysidebar title=”Right Now on eBay ” keywords=”Nikon 1 AW1″ num=”3″ siteid=”1″ category=”31388″ sort=”BestMatch” id=”2″]
[divider]Get it on Amazon[/divider]
[phpzon keywords=”nikon 1 aw1″ num=”2″ country=”US” searchindex=”Electronics” trackingid=”travelcamera04-20″ sort=”none” templatename=”columns” columns=”2″]